Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My First iPad Sighting!

What I love (and often loathe) about the Internet Age is the ability to share in real time. A number of readers commented about my blog entry when I sat in a coffee shop in San Francisco and admired the various hand held devices on show. Alas, I lamented not seeing an iPad.

In solace, I went on a pilgrimage with my sons to the Apple store in Emeryville, where we all fondled the iPads on display. But even that isn't quite the same.

I'm sitting in a new coffee shop in Berkeley: Local One Twenty Three, happily preparing my offering for tonight's Berkeley Writers Circle and I saw it. Three tables down is a woman on her iPad. She just walked past me, possibly to the bathroom, holding her precious baby, and a thrill coursed through me.

My first iPad sighting! I'll never be the same again.

Good Writing,
Alon
http://www.alonshalev.com/

No comments: